Total CFL and Total-CFL webTV brought to you by mykaussie.com
Home | Discussion | Total CFL webTV | E-Store | Special Reports | Site News | Links
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 23, 2017, 12:37:00 AM
Home | Login | Register

Author Topic: Updated Dec 7! Rick Campbell is the Ottawa RedBlacks Head Coach! Who else?  (Read 16458 times)

Myk Aussie

• Administrator
  • Hall Of Famer
I started this post on Aug 11, 2013.

I like Rick already! His 1st comments at yesterday's press conference were "Looking at our depth chart, we are not going to take a penalty for too many men on the fiend right now!" Funny stuff!

Listen to Rick Campbell on TSN1200 Ottawa radio today.
http://proxy.autopod.ca/podcasts/chum/179/18028/Rick%20Campbell%20In%20The%20Box.mp3

Refer below for updates including Dec 5 "RedBlacks to name Campbell to announce inaugural coach" by Arash Madani, Dec 3 an article by Tim Baines "Plenty of coaches want Ottawa RedBlacks", Nov 28 news where I hear it could be Paul La Police! "A CDN footy coach mate in #ottawa says he heard from a few in know @PaulLaPolice Hot rumor be @RedBlacks HC! Nice if true! #CFL @sportsrage" @MykAussie

Aug 11, 2013. Who will be the Ottawa RedBlacks head coach in 2014?

Will it be Dave Dickenson the former Champ CFL QB and current Stampeders offensive coordinator? I believe it could be! I agree with many CFL people saying the RedBlacks should appoint a head coach with CFL coaching experience. Although Dave has not been a head coach I believe he would be a great choice.

From twitter Aug 8. "Was great listening to former #CFL Champ QB DaveDickenson tonight on Mike @63Sutherland 's #Ottawa @REDBLACKS radio show on @TEAM1200Ottawa" @MykAussie Thanks to @REDBLACKS for the re tweet on this tweet. Note, @REDBLACKS is the official twitter of the new team.

Here is Mike Sutherlands interview with Dave on Team1200 radio. It starts at about the 14min 30sec mark proxy.autopod.ca/podcasts/chum/197/15147/redblacks.mp3 To view copy & paste the link!

"@MykAussie @REDBLACKS @63Sutherland @TEAM1200Ottawa *cough* First head coach *cough*" @philaxe

"@philaxe @63Sutherland @TEAM1200Ottawa Yeh! Dave Dickenson #CFL @REDBLACKS Head Coach! I agree would be great choice!" @MykAussie

Dave Dickenson on TotalCFL TV!
Here is my 1 on 1 interview with Dave in Calgary
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOwt327RBnw

« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 01:13:50 PM by Myk Aussie »
Myk Aussie
Hrs of Sports Comedy TV at
mykaussie.com
Total-CFL.com
Twitter: @MykAussie
FB: Myk Aussie
YouTube/MykAussie

Myk Aussie

• Administrator
  • Hall Of Famer
Re: Who will be the Ottawa RedBlacks head coach? Dave Dickenson?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2013, 01:20:26 PM »
Will it be Paul LaPolice?

I also believe Paul LaPolice will be considered and another great choice. Although Paul has a nice gig at TSN doing Coaches Playbook during the CFL TSN telecasts, I don't believe that gig is enough for him to knock back a CFL head coaching job. I had a chat with Paul during the 100th CFL Grey Cup week in Toronto and I felt that he seemed quite interested when I said I was living in Ottawa and following the RedBlacks developments. Paul took the Winnipeg Blue Bombers to the Grey Cup in 2011 and was then fired in 2012 by the Bombers. To weird! You can follow Paul on twitter @PaulLaPolice

Paul LaPolice on TotalCFL TV.
You can see Paul LaPolice at the 5min 50sec mark in amongst my interviews with many of the star Bomber players http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vHW8YINxPM
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 01:37:54 PM by Myk Aussie »
Myk Aussie
mykaussie.com
Total-CFL.com
YouTube/MykAussie

Myk Aussie

• Administrator
  • Hall Of Famer
Vicki Hall today wrote about Dave Dickenson as a possible RedBlacks head coach in today's Ottawa Citizen For the article
ottawacitizen.com/sports/Fiery+Dickenson+head+coach+training/8836873/story.html To view copy & paste the link!

Chris Jones the current Toronto Argonauts defensive coordinator I believe would also be a great choice! I'm a huge fan of Chris Jones. Vicki mentions Chris in the article.

I was talking today with a former Ottawa Rough Riders player and now a sports business manager in Ottawa. This former player has a soft spot for Greg Marshall to be the new RedBlacks head coach. Greg is the current Edmonton Eskimos defensive coordinator, he was the Saskatchewan Roughriders head coach in 2011.

Greg started his coaching career in Ottawa with the Ottawa Bootleggers (AFA). Then from 1991-93 he was head coach of the Ottawa Sooners in the CJFL Canadian Junior Football League.
For more about Greg Marshall here is is profile on esks.com Copy & paste this link to read. esks.com/page/profile-greg-marshall

CJFL, I loved the CJFL in BC! Here we go, I produced one of the 1st ever true sports internet TV shows in the World three days after Bill Gates at Microsoft released the .asf video file format. This reduced video file format size from .avi combined with Western Canadian homes being up there with the 1st in the World to have High Speed Internet thanks to Rogers enabled me to produce true Internet TV so I drove to Kelowna and filmed the CJFL Okanagan Sun. Amazing how far Internet TV has come since this show. mykaussie.com/stream_files/play_videoCJFLFooty.asp
or on YouTube Youtube.com/watch?v=OsduIQcIdx4 To view copy & paste the links!

« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 06:56:40 PM by Myk Aussie »
Myk Aussie
mykaussie.com
Total-CFL.com
YouTube/MykAussie

Myk Aussie

• Administrator
  • Hall Of Famer
From my twitter.

Nov 28. "Dickenson staying @calstampeders , Jones HC #Eskimos, rumors still in #ottawa that @PaulLaPolice to be @REDBLACKS HC could be true!@CFL " @MykAussie

From CFL.ca. Not available: Dickenson sticking with Stampeders
Copy and paste this text into your browser to read the article
cfl.ca/article/not-available-dickenson-sticking-with-stampeders

Nov 27. My twitter conversation with @xxxPiemanxxx a Sports Rager.

"A CDN footy coach mate in #ottawa says he heard from a few in know @PaulLaPolice Hot rumor be @RedBlacks HC! Nice if true! #CFL @sportsrage" @MykAussie

"@MykAussie interesting." @xxxPiemanxxx

"@xxxPiemanxxx When I spoke to him at 100th Grey Cup in TO he seemed extra interested when I told him I was based in Ottawa! Maybe he it!" @MykAussie

"@MykAussie yeah you gotta keep up with that one, you never know." @xxxPiemanxxx

"@xxxPiemanxxx I think they may go for bi-lingual Head Coach though so he can talk to the fans over the Ottawa river that they want at games!"@MykAussie

"@MykAussie should not be a priority. They can find bilingual staff easy enough. It's not likely major issue."@xxxPiemanxxx

"@xxxPiemanxxx I agree! A CFL player agent of mine thinks they will though!"@MykAussie

« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 06:15:34 PM by Myk Aussie »
Myk Aussie
mykaussie.com
Total-CFL.com
YouTube/MykAussie

Myk Aussie

• Administrator
  • Hall Of Famer
A article "Plenty of coaches want Ottawa RedBlacks!" Tim Baines, Ottawa Sun.

To read the article copy & paste this link into your browser.
ottawasun.com/2013/11/30/plenty-of-coaches-want-ottawa-redblacks
Myk Aussie
mykaussie.com
Total-CFL.com
YouTube/MykAussie

Myk Aussie

• Administrator
  • Hall Of Famer
From my twitter.
"#CFL #Ottawa @REDBLACKS Head Coach is Rick Campbell says @ArashMadani ! Our Total-CFL.com  tip @PaulLaPolice was runner-up he says!" @MykAussie

"RedBlacks to name Campbell to announce inaugural coach" by Arash Madani
Copy ad paste this link into your browser to read
sportsnet.ca/football/cfl/ottawa-redblacks-to-name-rick-campbell-inaugural-coach/
Myk Aussie
mykaussie.com
Total-CFL.com
YouTube/MykAussie

total-cfl.com  |  TOTAL-CFL Discussion  |  Total Talk! (Moderator: GreatWhiteNorth)  |  Topic: Updated Dec 7! Rick Campbell is the Ottawa RedBlacks Head Coach! Who else?

The Total-CFL News/Discussion.
The Total-CFL News/Discussion is where you will find some of the most knowledgeable CFL fans posting news and at times discussing the latest CFL topics. Many of the TotalCFLers have been on there for 12+ years making it the longest running and I firmly believe the most knowledgeable and accurate "CFL News/Discussion" on the web! We are particularly looking for new CFL fans to join the CFL News /Discussion. Add any CFL news and also ask the great CFL longtime fans questions and get intelligent and monitored replies. Register here for pre-approval.

TotalCFL TV
I have massive amounts of CFL TV from the past 11 years of web Sports casting this great game. All CFL teams are up along with TotalCFL TV from many of the past 12 Grey Cups. Lots of great 1 on 1 CFL Star player interviews along with comedy style fan and Cwoc Cool Women Of Canada CFL cheerleader interviews. Click here

Total-CFL.com - Special Reports
Updated Sat Jan 29, 11. "Nothing but good news for Anthony Calvillo! Well deserved retirement for Ben Cahoon. One of the best. Press Conference video! Effects of NFL labour situation on CFL player migration? by Great White North on Total-CFL.com! New CFL team in Ottawa, expansion draft approved. Start digging please! I'm talking about CFL Grey Cups on Sports Rage with Champ host Gabriel Morency! RIP Tony Proudfoot. The Alouettes mourn the loss of Tony Proudfoot. Report direct from Al's media! Montreal Alouettes star QB Anthony Calvillo health update. Direct from Al's! New MYKwebTV/TotalCFL TV. Talking about the Snow Bowl and Grey Cups on The Team 1260 Edmonton sports radio with Jason Gregor. Watch and listen now! Pictures from the 2010 Grey Cup parties! Montreal Alouettes defeated Saskatchewan Roughriders 21 to 18 in the 98th 2010 CFL Grey Cup in Edmonton! West defeated East 42 to 21 in the 11th Snow Bowl also played on Grey Cup Sunday! Talking about the Snow Bowl, Grey Cups, Super Bowls and AFL Grand Finals on the CBC Radio Active show. Listen now! Talking CFL Grey Cup, Snow Bowl and NFL with Avry from Edmonton on his online Sports show. Listen NOW Click here!

Snow Bowl, a CFL style game played on Grey Cup weekend by diehard CFL fans.
From Snow Bowl section. Updated Mon Dec 6, 10. "Talking about the Snow Bowl and Grey Cups on The Team 1260 Edmonton sports radio with Jason Gregor. Watch and listen now! West defeated East 42 to 21 in the 11th Snow Bowl also played on Grey Cup Sunday! Talking about the Snow Bowl, Grey Cups, Super Bowls and AFL Grand Finals on the CBC Radio Active show. Listen NOW Click here!

Please email myk@mykaussie.com with any problems, suggestions, or feedback regarding the site design of www.total-cfl.com - OzCanDesign 2008©