Total CFL and Total-CFL webTV brought to you by mykaussie.com
Home | Discussion | Total CFL webTV | E-Store | Special Reports | Site News | Links
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 16, 2022, 11:53:48 PM
Home | Login | Register

Author Topic: Updated Jan25! CFL Ottawa! From Jan 2013, name is REDBLACKS!Birds nest disgrace!  (Read 43358 times)

Myk Aussie

• Administrator
  • Hall Of Famer
For Ottawa CFL reasons I'm moving this thread back to the 1st page!

This is the post on Ottawa's new CFL team that I started on July 6, 2012 through to Jan 30 2013. Here is  the continuation of this thread from Jan 30, 2013 http://total-cfl.com/discussion/index.php?PHPSESSID=jfemqd16a5quu06emefh9vcch3&topic=460.0

I could be wrong but I  firmly believe the name of RedBlacks was decided weeks ago! The GM to be announced soon! The new team name is not far away. Twitter really heated up on Sunday Jan 13 after the trademark "Ottawa Red Blacks" was found registered! Rough Rider Legend, Russ Jackson's thoughts! Link to the Jeff Hunt interview today Jan 15 on TheTeam1200 radio. Refer below to my latest posts.

From July 6 2012. Wow! It's true! A birds nest caused more delays recently! Will Ottawa ever get the new stadium built for the CFL team? This saga has dragged on for way too long.

So I'm at Starbucks and I see the headlines of the 24H newspaper saying "OTTAWA READY TO DIG IN" and some construction workers pictures on the page as well so I'm thinking are they "finally" about to start digging for the new stadium.

I start laughing mostly in amazement that this even made the newspapers but then I know these anti stadium people have been stirring up trouble for years. Part of the article is below.

"OTTAWA READY TO DIG IN. Lansdowne Park. City officials confirmed that an empty bird's nest at Lansdowne Park won't halt construction as the city gets moving on digging up the concrete plain at the park. Work was halted last month when protesters complained about migratory birds being affected by construction. contd P3.

P3 An empty cardinals nest won't stop the city from digging up the concrete plain at Lansdowne Park. Migratory birds nests temporary put a stop to construction last month when angry residents protested the removal of trees between Holmwood Ave and the park.  This time the city's contractor took precautions by sending a biologist to the site Wednesday to make sure there are no breeding birds that will be impacted by the excavation.

One more court case stands in the way of the development. ..........etc, etc" by Jon Willing QMI Agency

The article. Updated Jan 29 2013. Seems the article is now not online. Below was the link.
eedition.ottawa.24hrs.ca/epaper/viewer.aspx

FYI! In Aussie we have lots of birds. We also call hot women birds. What do you think of this CDN bird or I say Cwoc in this Grey Cup TotalCFL TV show? Candice's lucky bra, Wow! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5d77PoFyr_w

« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 02:43:32 PM by Myk Aussie »
Myk Aussie
Hrs of Sports Comedy TV at
mykaussie.com
Total-CFL.com
Twitter: @MykAussie
FB: Myk Aussie
YouTube/MykAussie

Myk Aussie

• Administrator
  • Hall Of Famer
I spotted CFL Commissioner Mark Cohon on the front page of the Ottawa Sun newspaper today so I decided to part with 25 cents and buy it.

The headline was "Finally" as he is seen shaking hand with John Pugh. It also says "Council gives go-ahead for Landsdowne Park Development." The vote was 21-3.

5+ years this took! Amazing! disgraceful!

CFL in Ottawa in 2014 is the plan!

For the article. Please copy and paste the link below to read.
ottawasun.com/2012/10/10/lansdowne-project-a-go

Here is a survey you can take including naming the new team. Please copy and paste the link below to read.
ottawasun.com/2012/10/10/what-would-you-name-ottawas-new-football-team

Ottawa's CFL return in 2014 still intact: Hunt. Please copy and paste the link below to read.
ottawasun.com/2012/04/30/vision-for-2014-grey-cup-still-intact-hunt

More articles.
Ottawas CFL ownership history. Please copy and paste the link below to read.
ottawasun.com/2012/10/10/ottawas-cfl-ownership-history

CFL's return to Ottawa music to amateur football group's ears. Please copy and paste the link below to read.
ottawasun.com/2012/10/09/cfls-return-to-ottawa-music-to-amateur-football-groups-ears

FYI. A email I just sent out to 100's of mates about the CFL and the CFL Grey Cup. As of last week I'm doing a email each week leading up to the 100th CFL Grey Cup.

To Mates: Watch now. The best CFL tailgate party! BC Lions fans please don't watch! 100th CFL Grey Cup!
http://us2.campaign-archive1.com/?u=9fdbe4841c50305d6fbf67c0b&id=03a647deef
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 04:43:29 PM by Myk Aussie »
Myk Aussie
mykaussie.com
Total-CFL.com
YouTube/MykAussie

Myk Aussie

• Administrator
  • Hall Of Famer
Look! It really is finally true!

From Mon Oct 15.

Please copy and paste the link below to read.
ottawasun.com/2012/10/15/work-begins-at-lansdowne

The article. Please copy and paste the link below to read.
ottawasun.com/2012/10/14/lansdowne-construction-begins-monday
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 04:44:04 PM by Myk Aussie »
Myk Aussie
mykaussie.com
Total-CFL.com
YouTube/MykAussie

Myk Aussie

• Administrator
  • Hall Of Famer
The Grey Cup Tour train is in Ottawa next week!

Next Sat Oct 27 is the big Fan day. Please copy and paste the link below to read. 
greycuptour.ca/stops/18-ottawa-station-ottawa

There are also events during the week starting Sunday Oct 21 where you can see the Grey Cup. Please copy and paste the link below to read.
greycuptour.ca/stops/125-rideau-hall

Refer here for the events in Ottawa for the week starting Oct 21. Scroll down on this link
greycuptour.ca/stops

I'll be there next Saturday and at times during the week as well.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 04:44:51 PM by Myk Aussie »
Myk Aussie
mykaussie.com
Total-CFL.com
YouTube/MykAussie

Myk Aussie

• Administrator
  • Hall Of Famer
From today in Ottawa. The Grey Cup train was fantastic!

"A pic from inside the @GreyCupTour train of the new stadium for Ottawa's #CFL team in 2014! The train was fantastic!" @MykAussie
https://twitter.com/MykAussie/status/262277320918839296/photo/1

More pictures from today on this post http://total-cfl.com/discussion/index.php?topic=415.0
Myk Aussie
mykaussie.com
Total-CFL.com
YouTube/MykAussie

Myk Aussie

• Administrator
  • Hall Of Famer
A tweet today I sent in reply to people wanting the new Ottawa team name to start with R.

"There is a lot to be said for history and heritage. keep the R.” #NameOttawasCFLteam #OTTCFL" @OTTRoughRiders

"@OTTRoughRiders If naming after Lansdowne Protesters call the team Ottawa Rooters as they screwed it up past few yrs!@EricFrancis will get this!" @MykAussie

A joke/diss at the Landsdowne Protesters that delayed the start of the stadium by years!

Here is a article in the Ottawa Sun today by Tm Baines about the naming of the new team.
ottawasun.com/2012/11/13/time-to-name-ottawas-new-cfl-team
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 04:45:11 PM by Myk Aussie »
Myk Aussie
mykaussie.com
Total-CFL.com
YouTube/MykAussie

Myk Aussie

• Administrator
  • Hall Of Famer
Ottawa starts name the team contest for CFL from today until Dec 16!

Here you can try to name the new team. Please copy and paste the link below to read.
nameourteams.com/

Here's the article from Ottawa Sun. Please copy and paste the link below to read. ottawasun.com/2012/12/05/ottawa-starts-name-the-team-contests-for-cfl-and-nasl-soccer-squads#CFL

From twitter tonight: "Outlaws hmm! Kind of suits the Govt bosses here, they damn Outlaws many of em!" @MykAussie
"Same in Aussie though re Govt Bosses/Outlaws wasting $, corrupt, doing jack crap many of em!" @MykAussie
"Yeh, I not sure why but I think Rage could appeal to younger fans!" @MykAussie
"Agreed Myk.Sure do need some young fans.CFL not to huge with the younger crowd."@tiegame

"Rough Raiders" is the suggestion I added tonight to the form. I first heard this from someone else on twitter and I liked it. I even suggested this name to Jeff Hunt on the Friday night of Grey Cup at the restaurant at the top of the CN Tower. Here is the picture
https://twitter.com/MykAussie/status/272157981309820928/photo/1

Reason. Mainly because Raiders will appeal to the younger "much needed" generation of fan because of the NFL Raiders. Black, Silver and Red would be good colors. The R is wanted I heard. Rough Raiders can be used legally. It will upset the Sask Roughriders "a bit" as well.
If not Rough Raiders just Raiders due to above reasons.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 04:45:53 PM by Myk Aussie »
Myk Aussie
mykaussie.com
Total-CFL.com
YouTube/MykAussie

Myk Aussie

• Administrator
  • Hall Of Famer
The new team name must be getting close to being revealed! I had a lot more good information on here last night that I wanted to leave up decided against it.

From Wed Dec 26. "Ottawa owner Jeff Hunt is looking for perfect fit to be his GM. (Please copy and paste the link below to read.)
cfl.ca/article/hunt-remains-diligent-in-search-of-ottawas-first-general-manager "@CFL

"Ducks Rock!" Myk "Oregon unveils a completely INSANE helmet design for the "Fiesta Bowl" #MustSee (PIC): (Please copy and paste the link below to read.)totheathletes.lockerdome.com/media/104068202 "@totheathletes

"#NCAA Oregon Ducks uniform, logo etc Rocks! I heard company that helps them are involved in CFL Ottawa new team name/marketing! Hope this true!"@MykAussie

More re this story on twitter! Hope you can Follow me on http://www.twitter.com/MykAussie for me instant current CFL and other sports and life craziness tweets!

« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 04:46:49 PM by Myk Aussie »
Myk Aussie
mykaussie.com
Total-CFL.com
YouTube/MykAussie

Myk Aussie

• Administrator
  • Hall Of Famer
Re: Updated Dec 28! CFL in Ottawa go! Empty's birds nest! Team name is close!
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2012, 09:50:34 PM »
From twitter tonight.

"Just chatting with @michaelpmahon "The Can-Man" a Boston Celebrity & huge #CFL fan, he on research now to get @OTTRoughRiders new team name!" @MykAussie

Mike The Can-Man now has on email from me what I posted on here Dec 26 as a result of my "CFL Ottawa new team name, potential coach, GM, players etc etc" interesting/eventfull/crazy research and other night.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 10:00:35 PM by Myk Aussie »
Myk Aussie
mykaussie.com
Total-CFL.com
YouTube/MykAussie

Myk Aussie

• Administrator
  • Hall Of Famer
From my mate on twitter at @OTTRoughRiders

“@SportsCitizen: The name of Ottawa’s CFL team is still under wraps, but you can bet it won’t be one of these. (Please copy and paste the link below to read.) ottawacitizen.com/sports/Best+worst/7762940/story.html#ixzz2Gm1Bju1A ” @OTTRoughRiders

« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 04:47:28 PM by Myk Aussie »
Myk Aussie
mykaussie.com
Total-CFL.com
YouTube/MykAussie

Myk Aussie

• Administrator
  • Hall Of Famer
I heard Jeff Hunt on radio here today. The GM announcement is close.

Here is a report from Jan 9 on TSN.ca. Please copy and paste the link below to read.
tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=413142
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 04:47:52 PM by Myk Aussie »
Myk Aussie
mykaussie.com
Total-CFL.com
YouTube/MykAussie

Myk Aussie

• Administrator
  • Hall Of Famer
Twitter really heated up on Sunday Jan 13 after the trademark "Ottawa Red Blacks" was found registered.

Seems Jeff Hunt needed to make some comments to the newspapers as a result of twitter heating up yesterday after someone found online that the "Ottawa Red Blacks" trademark was registered, refer below for the screen shot of this.

I like the name! Of course the way our society is these days there will be way too many critical tnuc's on this or any name!

From twitter.
"@MykAussie Whaddaya think about #RedBlacks? Could this be the one? "@OTTRoughRiders
"@OTTRoughRiders Interesting!" @MykAussie
"@MykAussie It definitely fits with some the clues you got #RedBlacks" @OTTRoughRiders

"Here's the #Ottawa #RedBlacks trademark confirmation. Filed 12/28 #CFL #OTTCFL  https://twitter.com/OTTRoughRiders/status/290561659964116994/photo/1" @OTTRoughRiders

"@OTTRoughRiders seems could be! Red Blacks some similarity to NZ All Blacks & thus the Rugby & Sth World reference clues I got 2 weeks ago!" @MykAussie

I also believe the name translation to French is important to the new owners as the team will be marketed heavily to the Gatineau and Hull people. Red Blacks is Noirs Rouges in French. Is this good? I'm not sure!

Here is todays article from OttawaSun.com. Please copy and paste the link below to read.
ottawasun.com/2013/01/13/ottawa-sports-and-entertainment-group-eyes-the-name-red-blacks-for-new-ottawa-cfl-team

« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 04:48:35 PM by Myk Aussie »
Myk Aussie
mykaussie.com
Total-CFL.com
YouTube/MykAussie

Myk Aussie

• Administrator
  • Hall Of Famer
This article was of interest to me. Dan Ralph from The Canadian Press got to talk to Ottawa Rough Rider Legend Russ Jackson about the possible new name, Ottawa Red Blacks.

It was a highlight for me at the 100th Grey Cup to see Russ at the Ottawa function at the amazing Real Sports bar. One of the TSN Engraved on a Nation documentaries in 2012 called "A Grey Cup Amidst National Unrest" featuring Russ was excellent.

For the article by Dan Ralph. Please copy and paste the link below to read.  montrealgazette.com/touch/sports/football/cfl/Former+star+Russ+Jackson+tune+with+Blacks+moniker/7818728/story.html?rel=873605
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 04:48:59 PM by Myk Aussie »
Myk Aussie
mykaussie.com
Total-CFL.com
YouTube/MykAussie

Myk Aussie

• Administrator
  • Hall Of Famer
Listen now from this afternoon! Ottawa's new CFL team spokesperson and part owner Jeff Hunt talking about possibly naming the team the "Ottawa Red Blacks." He really likes this name.

Jeff also talks about the GM to be announced soon. Seems Montreal Alouettes assistant GM Marcel Desjardins could get the job.

Listen here. Please copy and paste the link below to listen, scroll to Jan 15.
team1200.com/interviews/default.asp
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 04:50:40 PM by Myk Aussie »
Myk Aussie
mykaussie.com
Total-CFL.com
YouTube/MykAussie

Myk Aussie

• Administrator
  • Hall Of Famer
I could be wrong but I firmly believe the name of RedBlacks was decided weeks ago! It seems it will be as one word not Red Blacks. Refer above to the excellent hints that I got!

For a report this week by Tim Baines. Please copy and paste the link below to read.
ottawasun.com/2013/01/24/ottawa-redblacks-is-best-name-fo-cfl-team-baines
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 04:52:10 PM by Myk Aussie »
Myk Aussie
mykaussie.com
Total-CFL.com
YouTube/MykAussie

total-cfl.com  |  TOTAL-CFL Discussion  |  Total Talk! (Moderator: GreatWhiteNorth)  |  Topic: Updated Jan25! CFL Ottawa! From Jan 2013, name is REDBLACKS!Birds nest disgrace!

The Total-CFL News/Discussion.
The Total-CFL News/Discussion is where you will find some of the most knowledgeable CFL fans posting news and at times discussing the latest CFL topics. Many of the TotalCFLers have been on there for 12+ years making it the longest running and I firmly believe the most knowledgeable and accurate "CFL News/Discussion" on the web! We are particularly looking for new CFL fans to join the CFL News /Discussion. Add any CFL news and also ask the great CFL longtime fans questions and get intelligent and monitored replies. Register here for pre-approval.

TotalCFL TV
I have massive amounts of CFL TV from the past 11 years of web Sports casting this great game. All CFL teams are up along with TotalCFL TV from many of the past 12 Grey Cups. Lots of great 1 on 1 CFL Star player interviews along with comedy style fan and Cwoc Cool Women Of Canada CFL cheerleader interviews. Click here

Total-CFL.com - Special Reports
Updated Sat Jan 29, 11. "Nothing but good news for Anthony Calvillo! Well deserved retirement for Ben Cahoon. One of the best. Press Conference video! Effects of NFL labour situation on CFL player migration? by Great White North on Total-CFL.com! New CFL team in Ottawa, expansion draft approved. Start digging please! I'm talking about CFL Grey Cups on Sports Rage with Champ host Gabriel Morency! RIP Tony Proudfoot. The Alouettes mourn the loss of Tony Proudfoot. Report direct from Al's media! Montreal Alouettes star QB Anthony Calvillo health update. Direct from Al's! New MYKwebTV/TotalCFL TV. Talking about the Snow Bowl and Grey Cups on The Team 1260 Edmonton sports radio with Jason Gregor. Watch and listen now! Pictures from the 2010 Grey Cup parties! Montreal Alouettes defeated Saskatchewan Roughriders 21 to 18 in the 98th 2010 CFL Grey Cup in Edmonton! West defeated East 42 to 21 in the 11th Snow Bowl also played on Grey Cup Sunday! Talking about the Snow Bowl, Grey Cups, Super Bowls and AFL Grand Finals on the CBC Radio Active show. Listen now! Talking CFL Grey Cup, Snow Bowl and NFL with Avry from Edmonton on his online Sports show. Listen NOW Click here!

Snow Bowl, a CFL style game played on Grey Cup weekend by diehard CFL fans.
From Snow Bowl section. Updated Mon Dec 6, 10. "Talking about the Snow Bowl and Grey Cups on The Team 1260 Edmonton sports radio with Jason Gregor. Watch and listen now! West defeated East 42 to 21 in the 11th Snow Bowl also played on Grey Cup Sunday! Talking about the Snow Bowl, Grey Cups, Super Bowls and AFL Grand Finals on the CBC Radio Active show. Listen NOW Click here!

Please email myk@mykaussie.com with any problems, suggestions, or feedback regarding the site design of www.total-cfl.com - OzCanDesign 2008©