Total CFL and Total-CFL webTV brought to you by mykaussie.com
Home | Discussion | Total CFL webTV | E-Store | Special Reports | Site News | Links
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2017, 05:16:03 PM
Home | Login | Register

Author Topic: Free Agent Wishlist  (Read 8557 times)

GreatWhiteNorth

• Pro
Free Agent Wishlist
« on: February 05, 2011, 12:01:40 PM »
It's not the most exciting crop of talent to ever reach the market, but there are a few potential diamonds out there that could be quite highly coveted and benefit from a bidding war.  Who's on your wishlist?

RB - Avon Cobourne remains unsigned by the Als and is a legitimate dual-threat out of the backfield.  As the only marquee RB out there, he's normally be in a position to capitalize, but I'm not sure that there are any teams in the market other than potentially BC and Sask, both of whom have RBs on the wrong side of 30... an affliction that Cobourne has as well however.

Rec - Aside from Bauman, there's very little out there for teams looking to address the position in a meaningful way.  Kelly Campbell will likely attract some attention but a team will be having to deal with a guy that seems to march to the beat of his own drummer and had an off-year with the dropsies.  His vertical threat is attractive, while (chronic?) hamstring issues temper that.  Seems to me like a classic Jim Barker reclaimation project and a guy that would benefit from a guy like Copeland.  Nicholson might get some interest as another former first-round draft pick.

OL - Archibald, the league's top OL last season, would seem to be the prize, despite his import status, but he'll likely warrant a chunk of change normally reserved for top NI talent.  There are a couple of veterans like O'Day or Haji-Rasouli that may or may not attract interest, and Alex Gauthier who likely will, but also won't come cheap.  Hudson might be a more affordable veteran option, but age is working against him too.

Intriguing guys are Ib Khan and Wayne Smith, two guys that were highly drafted, have battled injuries/health issues and have enough seasoning under their belts to be looked at as starting candidates entering the prime of their careers... a category that Brian Ramsay also likely falls into, though perhaps a little more under the radar.  Not sure if Joel Bell will attract attention as a guy earlier in his development or not.

QB - Chris Leak and Jarious Jackson are the only two out there and represent relatively opposite ends of the spectrum.  Leak is looking for an increased role after being behind Calivillo and McPherson in the Mtl pecking order, while Jackson's window to seize a starting role has likely come and gone.  I figure Jackson will stay put and Leak will likely be on the move.

DB - Some talent here for team needing immediate help, with Tisdale, Hefney and Anderson all looking like they'll hit the market.  None will likely change addresses for cheap, but if someone's got a little SMS room, they should be able to upgrade their secondary quickly.  Jason Goss, a former all-star, brings a lot of versatility, having played corner, half and safety and could be rejuvenated in the right system.  Shell may also attract some interest.  Lysack, Gallant, Nugent and Crawford offering varying degrees of NI depth and ST play.  I see the Esks being active to try and get one of the three as they look to upgrade on the corner.

LB - Lucas, Lobendahn and Guzman all represent somewhat intriguing options, with Lucas being more of a tweener body-type and the other two being more prototypical MLBs.  All of them play special teams as well and I would expect that each will attract some interest.  Intriguing, and more under the radar is St. Pierre, a NI MLB that has seen spot duty in Edmonton and doubles as a long-snapper.  Wouldn't be surprised to see him attract interest from the Southern Ontario teams.  I believe that Rey Williams will also be a free agent after trying the NFL last year, and there has been speculation of the former Rider landing in Edmonton (seems to be a bit of a pattern there, no?)

DL - Kevin Huntley would seem to be the prized guy here with Claybrooks also possibly getting some interest.  I don't think Belli is going anywhere if he decides to play another year.

total-cfl.com  |  TOTAL-CFL Discussion  |  Total Talk! (Moderator: GreatWhiteNorth)  |  Topic: Free Agent Wishlist

The Total-CFL News/Discussion.
The Total-CFL News/Discussion is where you will find some of the most knowledgeable CFL fans posting news and at times discussing the latest CFL topics. Many of the TotalCFLers have been on there for 12+ years making it the longest running and I firmly believe the most knowledgeable and accurate "CFL News/Discussion" on the web! We are particularly looking for new CFL fans to join the CFL News /Discussion. Add any CFL news and also ask the great CFL longtime fans questions and get intelligent and monitored replies. Register here for pre-approval.

TotalCFL TV
I have massive amounts of CFL TV from the past 11 years of web Sports casting this great game. All CFL teams are up along with TotalCFL TV from many of the past 12 Grey Cups. Lots of great 1 on 1 CFL Star player interviews along with comedy style fan and Cwoc Cool Women Of Canada CFL cheerleader interviews. Click here

Total-CFL.com - Special Reports
Updated Sat Jan 29, 11. "Nothing but good news for Anthony Calvillo! Well deserved retirement for Ben Cahoon. One of the best. Press Conference video! Effects of NFL labour situation on CFL player migration? by Great White North on Total-CFL.com! New CFL team in Ottawa, expansion draft approved. Start digging please! I'm talking about CFL Grey Cups on Sports Rage with Champ host Gabriel Morency! RIP Tony Proudfoot. The Alouettes mourn the loss of Tony Proudfoot. Report direct from Al's media! Montreal Alouettes star QB Anthony Calvillo health update. Direct from Al's! New MYKwebTV/TotalCFL TV. Talking about the Snow Bowl and Grey Cups on The Team 1260 Edmonton sports radio with Jason Gregor. Watch and listen now! Pictures from the 2010 Grey Cup parties! Montreal Alouettes defeated Saskatchewan Roughriders 21 to 18 in the 98th 2010 CFL Grey Cup in Edmonton! West defeated East 42 to 21 in the 11th Snow Bowl also played on Grey Cup Sunday! Talking about the Snow Bowl, Grey Cups, Super Bowls and AFL Grand Finals on the CBC Radio Active show. Listen now! Talking CFL Grey Cup, Snow Bowl and NFL with Avry from Edmonton on his online Sports show. Listen NOW Click here!

Snow Bowl, a CFL style game played on Grey Cup weekend by diehard CFL fans.
From Snow Bowl section. Updated Mon Dec 6, 10. "Talking about the Snow Bowl and Grey Cups on The Team 1260 Edmonton sports radio with Jason Gregor. Watch and listen now! West defeated East 42 to 21 in the 11th Snow Bowl also played on Grey Cup Sunday! Talking about the Snow Bowl, Grey Cups, Super Bowls and AFL Grand Finals on the CBC Radio Active show. Listen NOW Click here!

Please email myk@mykaussie.com with any problems, suggestions, or feedback regarding the site design of www.total-cfl.com - OzCanDesign 2008©